Rain OR Shine We Will March Against Monsanto
Location: the Minnesota Capitol Grounds.
Time: The march will start at 1p.m. at the Capitol Grounds, we will march through Downtown St. Paul (appx: 2 miles) and return to the Capitol Grounds; a rally and resource fair is to follow. There is NO registration.
Carpooling: We have created a Facebook Event for Carpoolers.
- Post where you are coming from & how many seats you have available.
- Post where your are coming from and how many seats you need.
FREE MINNEAPOLIS BUS
- Eastside Food Co-op – Leaving at 11:30 am
- Minneapolis Art Institute – Leaving at 12:00pm
- Seward Co-op – Leaving at 12:30pm
Take proper precautions!
- Communicate with your rideshare ahead of time.
- Bring a friend!
- Do not ride if you don’t feel safe!
**This is just a venue to connect – we take no responsibility for your decision to share a car.
MetroTransit Bus Information
A map of Free Parking.
- **ADA Accessible recommendations: Parking Lot F and Centennial Parking Lot
Leave no Litter Behind!
- We will be fined for any trash left behind (this include dog poop!)
- Bring bags for your trash on the march (we will provide garbage cans at the rally!)
- We strongly discourage your from bringing your dog (unless it is a service dog). There will be thousands of people in an energetic setting, which can be very stressful for dogs.
- Some people are afraid of dogs – we want everyone to be comfortable.
- If, despite this, you choose to bring your dog – bring poop bags and clean up after your dog!
We will march from the Capitol at 1p.m.
- The route is 2 Miles – Wear comfortable walking shoes!
- A map of the route (for those who need to shorten the length, please choose a location to join in!)
- Bring Signs!
- Bring your Kids, Nieces, or Nephews! This is a family friendly event!
- There is NO registration.
The rally begins upon return to the Capitol ~ 2:30p.m.
- Bring a blanket or chair.
- Bring sunscreen, an extra shirt, a poncho … anything you’d take for a day at the park.
- Bring snacks! We will not have a food vender at the event.
- We will provide SOME bottled water, but please bring your own!
- Atina Diffley – Organic consultant, farmer, author of Turn Here Sweet Corn
- Nancy Brown – Right to Know MN
- Steve Suppan – Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Deborah Ramos – the Zenteotl Project
Resource Fair Attendees:
- Right to Know MN
- Land Stewardship Project
- Organic Consumers Association
- Move to Amend
- Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Food Freedom Radio AM 950
The Rally will end by 6:00p.m., plus or minus some time.
Help promote! Here is the flyer. Print and share on your community boards – Grocery Store, American Legion, Churches, Schools, and more!
Learn About (and Patronize!) Our Sponsors!
A HUGE Thank you to
Atina Diffley, Nancy Brown @ Right to Know MN, Lisa at Food Democracy Now!, Katherine Paul @ Organic Consumers Association and more for their help and feedback! They are sponsors of our sanity these past few weeks… Not to mention some of the fine folks keeping the momentum of the food movement alive and well!